- Effort: easy
- 110 g plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 200 ml milk, mixed with 75ml water
- 50 g clarified butter
1. Sift the flour into a large mixing bowl, with a sieve held high above the bowl so the flour gets an airing, and add a pinch of salt.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk the together the eggs and the milk, then pour the flour into the egg mix. Beat together to make a smooth batter.
3. Melt the clarified butter in a hot pan and spoon 2 tablespoons of the batter into the pan. Fry the pancake until golden, checking the underside of the pancake with a palette knife.
4. Flip the crêpe over with a pan slice or palette knife. The other side will need a few seconds only, then simply slide it out of the pan onto a plate.
5. Stack the crêpes as you make them between sheets of greaseproof paper on a plate fitted over simmering water. This will keep them warm while you make the rest.
Rate This Recipe