- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 egg yolks
- 200 ml olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, for squeezing
- 1 green apple, thinly sliced into julienne strips
- 1 red apple, thinly sliced into julienne strips
- 30 ml mustard
- 15 ml honey
- bread rusks, and a selection of cheeses, olives and cold meats, to serve
Tips and Suggestions
If you cant find bread rusks, try using crisp rolls (available in most supermarkets), softened with a little water. If youre really stuck, you can substitute fresh crusty bread.
1. Whisk the egg yolks together with a squeeze of lemon. Very slowly drizzle in the olive oil and keep whisking continuously until the mixture emulsifies and thickens into a mayonnaise.
2. Add the apples, mustard, honey to the mayonnaise, plus salt and pepper to taste. Make sure the apple slices are coated all over, and serve.
Rate This Recipe