- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus 20 mins chilling
- Effort: hard
- 150 g barracuda or whole hake, fillets x 4
- 4 tbsp plain flour
- 4 tbsp corn husks
- 1 pinches salt
For the salad
- 200 g cucumber, thinly sliced
- 30 g red peppers, finely shredded
- 1 green chillies, finely sliced
- 1 handfuls leaves basil
- 1 pinches rock salt
- 1 lemons, juice and zest
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 handfuls ginger, fresh and finely grated
1. To make the salad, mix all of the ingredients together in a serving bowl (except the ginger).
2. Squeeze the ginger in your hands, over the salad, so that the juice goes into the salad. Leave in the fridge for 20 minutes.
3. Cut the fish into strips.
4. Mix the flours together in a mixing bowl. Add enough cold water to make a double cream consistency and season with salt.
5. Dip the fish in the batter. Fry in hot oil until lightly golden and crisp and serve with the salad.
Rate This Recipe