- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch of fresh rosemary
- 2 whole red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 150 ml single cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- 6 squid, cleaned and cut into rings
1. For the dressing, warm the olive oil in a small pan and add the rosemary and chilli. Set aside.
2. Pour the cream into a large bowl and add the egg yolks, parmesan cheese, flour, garlic, and oregano. Beat until it becomes a smooth batter. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
3. Heat enough oil for deep-frying to 200°C, or until a cube of bread browns in 30 seconds.
4. Dip the squid rings into the batter, one at a time, and place gently into the oil. Fry for 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
5. Drain on kitchen paper and serve immediately, drizzled with the dressing. Add salt if required.
Rate This Recipe