- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the salsa
- 1 avocado, stone removed, peeled and diced
- 1 mango, stone removed, peeled and diced
- 1 lime, juice only
- 1/2 red chillies, finely chopped
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
For the cheese
- 4 thick slices bread, crumbed in a food processor
- 1 lemon, zest only
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- plain flour, for dusting
- 4 slices semi-soft cheese, such as Baltic or Camembert
- 3 eggs, beaten
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- 1 tsp coriander, chopped (optional)
1. For the salsa: in a bowl, mix together the avocado, mango, red chilli, and spring onions. Squeeze the lime over and season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
2. For the cheese: mix the breadcrumbs, lemon zest, and chopped parsley together in a bowl. Lightly flour the cheese and dip in the beaten eggs, then dip in the breadcrumb mixture to coat.
3. Heat the vegetable oil in a deep pan and deep-fry the cheese, in batches, for 2-3 minutes, or until golden-brown all over. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
4. Serve the cheese with the salsa, garnished with a sprinkle of chopped coriander if using.
Rate This Recipe