- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 900 g floury potatoes, such as King Edwards or Maris Piper
- 150 ml olive oil
- black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
2. Peel the potatoes, cutting them into chunks if they are large. Put in a large saucepan, cover with water, add salt, and bring to the boil. Simmer briskly for about 5 minutes, until barely tender. Drain in a colander and allow to dry. Ruffle the edges with a fork.
3. Pour the olive oil into a roasting pan large enough to hold the potatoes in a single layer. Put the pan in the oven for a few minutes until the oil is very hot.
4. Tip the potatoes into the pan, spreading them out and turning to coat with the hot oil. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Roast for about 1 hour, turning every 20 minutes, until evenly browned and crisp.
6. Transfer to a warmed serving dish.
Rate This Recipe