- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the chorizo filling
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 110 g sliced chorizo
- 100 g pitted black olives
- I x 400 g can of cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp mixed herbs
For the topping
- 1 slices white bread
- 50 g grated red leicester cheese
- 50 g grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp mixed herbs
For the coleslaw
- 4 carrots
- ½ small white cabbage
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
For the wraps and to serve
- 4 seeded wrap
- 4 tomatoes
- Small bunch of parsley
1. Pre heat the grill to a medium heat.
2. For the filling: place a large frying pan on a high heat and heat the olive oil. When the oil is hot add the chopped onions and peppers and fry for a couple of minutes until the onions are softened.
3. While the onions are frying cut the chorizo slices into quarters and halve the olives. Once the onions are soft add the chorizo and olives to the pan and cook for a further 2 3 minutes.
4. Add the tomatoes and mixed herbs and reduce until you have a thick, almost dry, sauce.
5. For the topping: break the slice of bread up into smaller pieces and place in a food processor with the crisps.
6. Add the grated cheese and mixed herbs and blitz until you have fine, evenly sized crumbs. Set aside until you are ready to assemble the wraps.
7. For the coleslaw: peel and grate the carrots and place in a large bowl.
8. Wash and shred the cabbage and add it to the carrots.
9. Add the mayonnaise, mix well and season with salt and pepper to taste.
10. To assemble: lay each wrap out and divide the filling equally between the wraps. Transfer the wraps to a large baking sheet and fold each one in half. Press down firmly to make sure that the filling does not leak out.
11. Sprinkle the crunchy topping over the folded wraps and place under the pre-heated grill until the topping is golden and bubbling.
12. Serve on a plate garnished with the coleslaw and sliced tomatoes and topped with chopped parsley.
Rate This Recipe