- Serves: 4
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 duck legs
- salt, to taste
- drizzle of olive oil
- sprig of rosemary, leaves picked
- bunch watercress
- 2 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- handful bean sprouts
- hanfdul coriander, torn
- 1 baby cucumber, halved, de-seeded and thinly sliced at an angle
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp plum sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp mirin, (Japanese rice vinegar)
- 1 limes, juice only
1. Pre-heat the oven to 150C/gas mark 2.
2. Season the duck legs with salt, then drizzle over the olive oil and scatter over the rosemary.
3. Place the duck legs onto a wire rack set over a roasting tin and roast in the oven for three hours, or until the meat is tender and the skin is crisp. Remove from oven and leave to cool. Shred the duck meat and set aside.
4. Place the watercress, carrot, bean sprouts, coriander and cucumber in a large bowl.
5. For the dressing: mix all of the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl until well combined.
6. Mix the shredded duck meat with the salad and drizzle over the dressing. Mix well with clean hands, then serve in a large serving bowl. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
Rate This Recipe