- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 2 duck breast
- 2 bunches of fine rice noodles
- 115 g extra-fine green beans
- 20 sprigs of fresh coriander, plus more to garnish
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
For the oriental teriyaki dressing:
- 8 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 6 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp clear honey
- juice of 2 limes
- 4 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 2.5cm piece of ginger, grated
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6. Make the dressing: Mix all the liquid ingredients together, then add the sliced garlic and grated ginger. Lightly score the duck fat and spoon one-third of the dressing over the duck.
2. Place a dry flameproof baking dish over a medium heat and seal the duck breast, fat side first, then place the baking dish in the oven and cook for 8 minutes. Remove from the oven, drain off the fat and allow to cool, but keep the oven on.
3. When the duck is cool enough to handle, cut each breast into thin slices and then toss these slices in 2 more tablespoons of the teriyaki dressing. Put them back in the baking dish and return to the oven for a further 2 minutes to allow the dressing to caramelise slightly.
4. Soak the noodles as per the instructions on the packet. Drain well. Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and blanch the beans for 1 minute. Drain and add to the noodles, then mix in the coriander sprigs and spring onions.
5. Add the slices of duck with the remaining dressing and mix well. Garnish with some more coriander and serve.
Rate This Recipe