- Serves: Makes up to 40
- Cook Time: 2 hours 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 1 small can condensed milk
- 2 Comice pears, diced
- 3 tbsp ground almonds
- spring roll wrappers
- 1 egg, beaten
- vegetable oil, for deep frying
- sweet yogurt
- almond liqueur
Tips and Suggestions
Comice is short for Doyenne du Comice which means "top of the show." It is broad, blunt pear, greenish-yellow market with russet or a red blush. The Comice is a purely dessert pear with a particularly sweet and aromatic flavour. It is in season from late autumn to midwinter.
1. Simmer the can of condensed milk in a pan covered with water for 2½ hours. Leave to cool.
2. Open the can and mix the contents with the diced pears and ground almonds.
3. Cut the pastry into strips, place a spoonful of the mix at the base of each piece and fold to form a triangle. Seal the pastry using a little beaten egg.
4. Heat the oil in a large pan. Deep fry the fritters until crispy.
5. Beat a little almond liquor into the sweet yoghurt, and serve with the fritters.
Rate This Recipe