- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the batter
- 2 eggs
- 150 ml ice cold sparkling water
- 115 g plain flour
- 55 g cornflour
- 200 g smoked salmon, sliced
- sunflower oil, for deep-frying
For the dressing
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 4 tsp clear honey
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
For the salad
- 4 beetroot, finely shredded
- 200 g bulb fennel, finely shredded
- 150 g red cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 tbsp chopped dill
1. To make the batter; mix the eggs and water together, adding the flour and cornflour and briefly mixing.
2. Heat the oil in a large deep pan.
3. Dip the salmon slices in the batter and deep-fry for 2 minutes or until the batter is crisp. Drain the salmon on kitchen paper
4. To make the dressing; whisk all the ingredients together until thickened.
5. To make the salad; toss the salad ingredients in the dressing.
6. Serve the salmon immediately on the dressed salad.
Rate This Recipe