- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 part-boned chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus a little extra
- black pepper
- 10 sprigs of lemon thyme, leaves picked
- flour, for dusting
- 2 clove garlic, chopped
- 400 g chestnut mushrooms
- 142 ml double cream
- new potatoes, to serve
- green salad of Little Gem lettuce or rocket
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
2. Rub the chicken breasts with a little olive oil and season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
3. Sprinkle the thyme leaves evenly over the chicken and lightly dust with flour.
4. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan.
5. Add in the chicken, skin side-down, and fry for 5 minutes without moving it.
6. Cook the chicken breasts for a further 10-15 minutes, turning regularly, until the chicken is cooked through and the skin crisp and browned. Remove to a plate and keep warm in the oven.
7. Drain almost all the oil from the pan. Add the garlic and mushrooms and cook over a high heat, tossing the mushrooms until they start to soften.
8. Stir in the cream, the remaining thyme sprigs and season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Simmer for a few minutes until the mushrooms are cooked.
9. Serve the chicken with the mushroom sauce, new potatoes and a simple green salad of Little Gem lettuce and rocket leaves, lightly dressed with freshly squeezed lemon juice and olive oil.
Rate This Recipe