- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 225 g tuna steaks
- 2 eggs
- 100 ml milk
- 225 g flour
- 110 g breadcrumbs
- zest of 1 limes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- pinch of salt
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
For the tomato, courgette and olive compï¿½te:
- 75 ml olive oil
- 1 small red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 225 g courgettes, diced
- 4 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 30 g pitted mixed olives, roughly chopped
- 1 tinned anchovies, chopped
- ï¿½ tbsp white wine vinegar
- bunch of basil
- 1 lime, juice only
- salt, and freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat the olive oil in a pan and add the onion and garlic and cook until soft.
2. Turn up the heat and add the courgettes and cook for a further 2 minutes.
3. Reduce the heat and add the tomatoes, olives, anchovy, vinegar, whole basil leaves and lime juice. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
4. Stir all the ingredients together and reduce the heat to the lowest possible setting and leave to cook while preparing the fish fingers.
5. Crack the eggs into a large bowl and whisk in the milk.
6. In another bowl mix the breadcrumbs, lime zest and oregano.
7. Place the flour in a separate bowl.
8. Cut the tuna steaks into fingers.
9. Coat each piece of fish in the flour, then dip into the egg mixture and finally in the breadcrumbs.
10. In a large frying pan heat the vegetable oil over a moderate heat and place the coated fish fingers in the oil.
11. Cook until golden brown on both sides and then drain on kitchen paper.
12. Serve with a large spoonful of compôte and the fish fingers arranged to one side.
Rate This Recipe