- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 55 g onions, diced
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 450 g live mussels, bearded and cleaned
- 50 ml dry white wine
- 1 plum tomatoes, skinned and diced
- 1 pinches coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 pinches salt
- 50 ml double cream
- 25 g rosemary, chopped
- 4 tsp pesto
- 4 slices French bread
1. Heat the olive oil in a casserole dish over a barbecue or on a hob. Add the onion and garlic and fry for 3-4 minutes until softened.
2. Add the mussels, white wine and tomato and season with salt and cracked pepper .
3. If using a barbecue, add some hickory wood to it to create some smoke.
4. Add the cream and wild rosemary to the mussels and cover the barbecue until the mussels are open.
5. Smear the pesto over the bread slice. Place the mussels in a serving bowl, discarding any that haven't opened. Spoon over the rosemary cream sauce, garnish with the pesto-topped bread and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe