- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 slice of white bread
- butter, for spreading
- 1 slice of cooked ham
- 50 g gruyère cheese, grated
- olive oil, for shallow frying
- 1 egg
- 1 head of endive, separated into leaves
For the salad dressing:
- 300 ml olive oil
- 100 ml white wine vinegar
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 heaped tsp Dijon mustard
- salt, and freshly ground pepper
1. First make the salad dressing. Place the olive oil, white wine vinegar, garlic, mustard, salt and freshly ground pepper into a blender and blend until all ingredients are mixed well together.
2. Preheat the grill.
3. Toast a slice of white bread. Spread the toasted bread with butter, sprinkle with 25g of the Gruyere cheese and top with a slice of cooked ham.
4. Sprinkle with the remaining Gruyere cheese then place under a grill until the cheese is melted.
5. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a small frying pan. Add in the egg and fry until cooked to taste.
6. Place the fried egg on top of the toasted ham and cheese.
7. Serve at once, with endive tossed with the salad dressing.
Rate This Recipe