- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus 20 mins resting
- Effort: medium
- 300 g plain flour
- 150 g caster sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 150 g unsalted butter, softened
- grated zest of 1 Amalfi or unwaxed lemons
- 2 jars apricot jam, preferably home-made
- egg yolks, beaten for glazing
1. Mix together all the flour, caster sugar and the salt.
2. Pile the flour mixture on a clean work surface and form a hollow in the centre with your fist.
3. Break two eggs into the hollow and add the butter and lemon zest. Knead together quickly to form a smooth ball of pastry.
4. Wrap it in cling film and put it in a cool place (not the refrigerator) to rest for about 20 minutes.
5. Preheat the oven to 190ºC/gas 5.
6. Divide the dough into 2 sections, one larger than the other. Roll out the larger piece.
7. Butter and lightly flour a loose-based flan case. Line the flan case with the rolled-out pastry.
8. Finely spread the apricot jam over the middle of the pastry case.
9. Roll out the smaller piece of pastry and cut into fine strips. Arrange the strips as a lattice over the jam.
10. Brush lightly with the egg yolk and bake for about 25 minutes until golden brown.
11. Cool on a wire rack and serve.
Rate This Recipe