- Serves: 1-2
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 kippers, two if small
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1 small onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped gherkins
- 1 tsp horseradish
- 1 pinches coarsely ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 handfuls watercress
- 4 slices ciabatta bread, lightly grilled
- 1 dashes of lemon juice, or to taste
1. Put the kipper in a roasting dish, cover with boiling water and allow to poach for five to six minutes.
2. Remove the flesh from the bone and mix with the capers, onion, parsley, gherkins and horseradish. Season with black pepper.
3. Put some watercress on top of the ciabatta slices, and then put a tablespoon of the mixture on top.
4. Add a squeeze of lemon juice and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe