- Serves: Makes 15
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 ciabatta bread, thinly sliced and lightly toasted
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 130 g tapenade
- 2 bulb fennel, sliced thinly, then chopped
- black pepper
- 1 small red pepper, cut into small dice
- 15 black olives
- sprigs flat leaf parsley, to garnish
1. Brush the toasted bread slices lightly with about half the olive oil and spread each slice with a little Tapenade.
2. Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan over a low and add the fennel, together with 2 tablespoons of water. Braise slowly, stirring frequently, until soft and cooked through. Season with a little salt and freshly ground black pepper and drain off any excess liquid.
3. Place a small mound of braised fennel on top of each crostini; making sure that the Tapenade is visible all the way around, for a pretty presentation.
4. Top each crostini with a few cubes of raw red pepper, an olive and a parsley leaf. Serve at once.
Rate This Recipe