- Serves: 6-8
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 finger rolls, sliced into rounds
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 450 g tinned cannellini beans, drained
- 150 ml vegetable stock
- black pepper
- handful of leaves basil
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/gas 5.
2. Place the bread slices on a baking sheet. Rub each slice with a garlic clove. Bake in the oven until golden brown, around 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a saucepan. Crush the remaining garlic and add to the hot oil. Fry until fragrant.
4. Add the cannellini beans and around a third of the stock and bring to the boil.
5. Reduce the heat and simmer until the beans soften, adding more stock if needed. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Shred the basil and mix in.
6. Top the baked bread with the bean mixture and serve warm or at room temperature, drizzled with a little olive oil.
Rate This Recipe