- Serves: 16
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 loaf of country bread
- 1 clove garlic
- 150 g smoked bacon pieces or lardons, cooked
- 250 g Emmental or gruyère cheese, thinly sliced
- 1-2 tbsp dry white wine
- 200 g fresh morel mushrooms
- 150 ml crème fraîche
1. Set the oven to 200°C/gas 6. Slice the loaf of bread in half and then each half into slices. Rub with the garlic clove.
2. Lay the bread slices on to baking sheets and scatter the bacon over. Top with the sliced cheese. Drizzle a little wine over the top of each.
3. Place in the oven for 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
4. To make the sauce, pour the cream into a saucepan and bring to the boil. Add the mushrooms and heat trough.
5. Serve the croutes with the sauce.
Rate This Recipe