- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 kg diced duck, preferably Maryland
- 30 g dried cranberries
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- A handful of sage, roughly chopped
- 2 sprigs thyme, stems removed
- 125 ml orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 180 g panko breadcrumbs
1. Place diced duck into food processor and pulse until meat is finely diced
Add dry spices, fresh herbs, orange juice and zest and pulse until mix represents a course paste.
2. Measure meat to approx. 80gm and roll into a sausage shape. If you find that the meat is too sticky at this stage, place mix into freezer for 30mins and try again (you can do this the day before).
3. Coat each sausage well in panko breadcrumbs and fry in batches. Be careful not to overcrowd the pan, you want the crumbs to be crispy and golden.
4. Serve on a bed of sweet potato mash with a simple red wine jus.
Rate This Recipe