- Serves: 8-10
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus 2 hours chilling
- Effort: easy
For the base:
- 1 Crunchie chocolate bar
- 150 g digestive biscuits
- 75 g butter, melted
For the topping:
- 150 g dark chocolate
- 120 ml double cream
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 200 g cream cheese
- 100 g caster sugar
- 2 Crunchie chocolate bars, coarsley chopped
- 2 Crunchie chocolate bars, cut into shards
1. For the base: Take a 20cm springform tin and line the base with a square of greaseproof paper then reattach the sides. You will have an overhang of paper but this will make it easier to remove the cheesecake later on.
2. Blend the Crunchie and biscuits in a food processor until you have a coarse crumb, alternatively place them in a sandwich bag and crush with a rolling pin.
3. Pour the butter in with the crushed biscuits and chocolate and stir thoroughly to ensure the butter is evenly distributed. Firmly press the biscuit mix into the bottom of the tin and leave in the fridge to set while you make the topping.
4. For the topping: Melt the chocolate in a glass bowl over a small sauce pan with simmering water, ensuring that the bottom of the bowl isnt touching the water. You can also melt the chocolate in the microwave in short 20 second bursts. Leave the chocolate to cool.
5. Whip the cream until soft peaks form then add the cooled chocolate and cocoa powder until all of the ingredients are fully combined.
6. Beat the cream cheese with the sugar then fold the mixture into the chocolate and cream. Crumble the Crunchie bars into the bowl and fold to make sure the bits of honeycomb and chocolate are evenly distributed. Cover the biscuit base with the chocolate mixture and firmly tap down the tin on a work surface to ensure there are no air bubbles and so you have a nice even finish on top of the cheesecake. Refridgerate for at least two hours to set.
7. To decorate: When you are ready to serve, remove the cheesecake from the fridge and carefully slip the cheesecake off the base and greaseproof paper on to a plate or chopping board. Decorate the top of the cheesecake with the Crunchie shards.
Rate This Recipe