- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 12 sheets of filo pastry
- 100 g butter, melted
- 2 Cox's apples
- 2 tbsp armagnac
- 200 g caster sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC/gas 6.
2. Brush three filo sheets with some of the melted butter. Take a round ovenproof dish, grease it and line it with the buttered filo, overlapping the sheets right to the edge of the dish as if making a flan case.
3. Layer half of the sliced apple over the filo. Sprinkle over a tablespoon of the Armagnac and 100g of the sugar.
4. Brush three filo sheets with melted butter and layer over the apple. Top with the remaining apple and sprinkle over the remaining Armagnac and sugar.
5. Crumple the remaining filo sheets and brush generously with the melted butter. Place the crumpled filo over the apple as a final topping.
6. Bake the croustade for 30-35 minutes until golden brown. Serve warm from the oven.
Rate This Recipe