- Serves: 2-3
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 15 minutes chilling
- Effort: easy
- 3 cucumber, seeds removed, chopped
- 400 ml chicken stock
- 300 ml plain yogurt
- 150 ml double cream
- 1 cloves garlic, peeled, crushed
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- bunches fresh mint
- olive oil, for drizzling
1. Place the chopped cucumber into a colander and sprinkle with salt. Leave for 10-15 minutes, then rinse and squeeze out any excess moisture.
2. Bring the stock to the boil in a pan, then remove from the heat and set aside to cool. Stir in the yoghurt and the cream, then add the garlic and the cucumber. Blend with a stick blender until smooth. Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper and stir in the lemon juice.
3. Add the mint to the soup and blend again until smooth. Chill in the fridge for 15 minutes before serving, then ladle into serving bowls with a few ice cubes. Drizzle over some olive oil and serve.
Rate This Recipe