- Serves: Makes 12 Skewers
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 100 g cucumber
- 100 g firm tofu
for the satay sauce
- 3 tbsp crunchy, unsweetened peanut butter
- 2 tbsp boiling water
- 1/2 tsp tabasco, or chilli sauceto taste
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp sweetener
1. First make the satay sauce. Place the peanut butter in a small bowl and pour over the boiling water. Beat with a fork until thoroughly combined.
2. Beat in the Tabasco sauce, lime juice, soy sauce and sweetener and taste for seasoning, adjusting as needed. Set aside to cool.
3. Cut the cucumber into 1cm wide strips. Remove the seeds. Cut the cucumber into pieces the same size as the tofu cubes.
4. Thread alternating pieces of tofu and cucumber onto 12 medium length bamboo skewers, using three of each per skewer.
5. Lay the skewers side by side on a serving plate.
6. Spoon the satay sauce generously over them and serve.
Rate This Recipe