- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 1 fillet undyed smoked haddock
- 200 ml milk
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 sprigs thyme
- 2 banana shallots, finely chopped
- 1 leek, finely chopped
- 1 large Desirée potatoes, sliced thinly on a mandolin
- 500 ml hot chicken stock
- olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- 2 poached quail's eggs
1. Place the haddock skin-side down in a hot pan and pour in just enough milk to cover the fish. Add the garlic and thyme, cover and bring to the boil.
2. Meanwhile, in another pan sweat the shallots, leeks and potato in a little olive oil and lightly season.
3. Once boiled, pour the milk and fish mixture over the vegetables and add the hot stock. Bring to the boil, then remove from the heat.
4. Reserve the haddock on a plate. Remove the skin and flake into bite-sized pieces.
5. Blitz the vegetables and cooking liquid in a blender, then season to taste.
6. Place the flaked haddock at the bottom of 2 serving bowls, pour the soup over the haddock and top with the poached quail eggs.
Rate This Recipe