- Serves: 3-4
- Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 medium-to-large Cypriot potatoes, halved
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced horizontally
- 1ï¿½ tsp ground cumin
- 1ï¿½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 300 ml water
- freshly ground salt and black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6.
2. Place the potatoes in a roasting pan. Separate the onion rings and mix with the potatoes. Sprinkle with the cumin and cinnamon, and salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle with the olive oil, then mix well with your hands.
3. Tip the tomatoes into a shallow dish and crush with your hand or the back of a wooden spoon. Spread over the potatoes.
4. Pour the water into the base of the pan. Cover with kitchen foil and place in the oven. Bake for 45 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 180°C/gas 4. Remove the kitchen foil and bake for another 30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
Rate This Recipe