- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 40 minutes plus 40 mins or so chilling time
- Effort: easy
For the pickled oysters
- 4 tbsp champagne vinegar
- 4 tsp caster sugar
- 4-8 rock oysters
For the salmon
- 400 g salmon
- 2 limes, zest and juice
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 red chilli, finely diced
- 2 banana shallots, finely chopped
- 1/2 mango, finely diced
- black pepper
For the dressing
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp coriander, chopped
- 2 Belgian endive
- 1 handfuls wild rocket
- 3 tbsp crème fraîche
1. Pour the vinegar into a saucepan and add the vinegar. Bring to the boil and stir to dissolve the sugar. Chill for about 20 minutes and then transfer to the fridge to cool completely.
2. Once the vinegar liquid is cold, shuck the oysters and pop them into a bowl. Pour over the sweet vinegar and return to the fridge.
3. To make the cured salmon salad, slice the salmon into small bite sized pieces and place in a bowl with the lime juice and zest, the lemon zest, chilli, shallots and mango. Season and chill for 20 minutes.
4. For the dressing, combine 1 tablespoon of the sweet vinegar, the lemon juice, Dijon mustard and olive oil and whisk until emulsified.
5. Add the coriander and season to taste.
6. To serve, drain the salmon mix and toss in the dressing.
7. Divide the endive and rocket leaves between 4 plates. Top with the salmon and the pickled oysters. Spoon over a little crème fraîche and serve.
Rate This Recipe