- Serves: Makes 8 Naan Bread
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 1 hr 30 mins rising time
- Effort: medium
- 500 g white strong bread flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 40 ml olive oil
- 25 g fresh yeast
- 290 ml water
- 100 g sultanas
- 50 g mild curry powder
- 3 small mango, diced
- little olive oil, for frying
For the guacamole
- 2 ripe medium avocado, halved, stones removed, diced
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 2-3 tbsp crème fraîche
1. Place the flour, salt, oil, yeast and water in a mixing bowl and mix together for 2 minutes.
2. Tip onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5 minutes until the dough is soft and pliable.
3. Place the dough into an oiled bowl and cover with cling film. Leave in a warm place to rise for 30 minutes.
4. Knead in the sultanas, curry powder and diced mango.
5. Divide the dough into 10 and place on a tray. Allow to rest for 1 hour.
6. Use a rolling pin to flatten each piece into a round, 25cm in diameter and rest for a further 5 minutes.
7. Heat a frying pan over a medium heat and add the olive oil.
8. Cook each round of dough until browned on both sides, and then set aside to cool slightly before serving.
9. To make the guacamole, combine the avocado, lemon juice and crème fraiche, in a bowl. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
10. Serve the naan bread with the guacamole.
Rate This Recipe