- Serves: Makes 6 naan bread
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time:
- Effort: medium
- 500 g strong bread flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for frying
- 50 g mild curry powder
- 15 g yeast
- 300 ml water
- 100 g sultanas
- 3 tbsp mango chutney
1. Put the flour, salt, oil, curry powder, yeast and water into a bowl and mix together for 2 minutes. Tip out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5 minutes until the dough is soft and pliable. Leave to rise for 30 minutes.
2. Grease and line a baking sheet. Incorporate the sultanas and chutney into the dough. Divide the dough into six pieces; place them on the baking tray and leave to rest for 1 hour.
3. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and, using a rolling pin, flatten each piece into a circle, 25½cm in diameter, put back on the tray and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
4. Pour a little olive oil into a frying pan over a moderate and fry naan until browned on both sides. Set aside to cool slightly before serving.
Rate This Recipe