- Effort: easy
- 50 g butter
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 parsnips, roughly chopped
- 1 cooking apple, peeled, cored and roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 litres hot vegetable stock
- 100 ml double cream
- 2 tbsp crème fraîche
- fresh coriander, chopped
- lardons of bacon, fried (optional)
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan over a low heat and add the onion, garlic, parsnips and apple. Season with salt and pepper, then cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until the parsnips and apple are tender.
2. Mix in the flour and curry powder, stirring constantly to coat all the ingredients evenly and making sure that no lumps form.
3. Pour in the hot stock, stirring well, and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for another 5 minutes.
4. Pour the soup into a blender and blend to a smooth consistency. Stir in the cream and chopped coriander.
5. To serve, pour the soup into bowls and spoon over a dollop of crème fraîche. Sprinkle over the bacon lardons, if using.
Rate This Recipe