- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the soup
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil, or other light flavoured oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 tbsp korma curry paste
- 1.25 kg parsnips, coarsely chopped
- 1.5 litres chicken or vegetable stock, boiling
- 150 ml coconut milk, plus extra to drizzle
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
- 6 long thin slices baguettes
- 100 g fromage blanc
1. For the soup: Heat the oil in a large heavy-based pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook stirring occasionally for 5-6 minutes or until onion is soft. Add the curry paste and cook stirring constantly for a further 1-2 minutes or until fragrant.
2. Add the parsnips and hot stock and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until parsnips are tender. Remove and set aside to cool slightly.
3. Blend the soup in batches in a food processor or blender until smooth; return to a clean pan with the coconut milk. Place over a low heat, stirring until heated through.
4. Stir through the coriander and season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
5. For the fromage blanc toasts: toast the baguette slices and spread with fromage blanc.
6. To serve: drizzle the soup with a little extra coconut milk and serve a fromage blanc toast on the side.
Rate This Recipe