- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 tbsp mild curry powder
- 20 g plain flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 12-16 scallops
- deep fried shreds of leeks, to garnish (optional)
- 2 leeks
- 25 g unsalted butter
- 1 cloves garlic, crushed
- 100 ml double cream
1. For the creamed leeks: cut the leeks in quarters lengthways leaving the root intact, wash under running water and then chop finely.
2. Heat the butter in a pan, and add the leeks and garlic. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add the double cream and cook for a further 3 minutes. Set aside and keep warm while you prepare the scallops.
4. Mix the curry powder and flour together on a plate and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
5. Dip one side of the scallops into the seasoned flour.
6. Heat a frying pan and add the olive oil. Add the scallops to the hot oil, floured side down, and cook for 2 minutes or until caramelised.
7. Flip the scallops over and cook for a further 2 minutes.
8. To serve, spoon the creamed leeks onto plates and place several scallops on top. Garnish with deep-fried shredded leeks, if desired.
Rate This Recipe