- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1-2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp hot curry paste
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1.2 litres hot chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- small handful coriander leaves
- freshly ground salt and black pepper
- crème fraîche
- pinch dried chillies
- mini naan breads
1. Heat the oil in a large pan and cook the onion and cumin seeds for 5 minutes until softened.
2. Add the garlic, tomatoes and curry paste and cook for a few minutes until the tomatoes are softened and pulpy.
3. Add the sweet potatoes and hot stock and bring to the boil. Simmer gently for 20 minutes until the potatoes are very soft.
4. Add the coriander leaves. Using a hand blender, whiz until smooth.
5. Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice, to taste.
6. To serve; ladle into bowls and top with a spoonful of crème fraiche and a sprinkling of dried chillies. Serve with warm naan breads.
Rate This Recipe