- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 cm ginger, chopped
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground allspice, or pimento
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, leaves only
- 2 jalapeño peppers, or 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 250 ml water, or vegetable stock
- 600 g tofu, diced
1. Place the onions, garlic, tomatoes, and ginger together in a saucepan and cook for 3-4 minutes, until the onion has softened.
2. Add the dried spices, thyme, jalapeno peppers and water (or stock) and simmer over a low heat for about 7 minutes.
3. Stir in the tofu and cook for a further 8 minutes. Serve with boiled rice.
Rate This Recipe