- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus marinating
- Effort: easy
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- juice of 1 lemons
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 125 g sultanas
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 450 g chicken, boneless skinless
- handful of fresh coriander, stalks removed, leaves chopped
- 75 g almonds
- black pepper
- shredded leaves lettuce
- warm pitta bread
- lemon wedges
1. In a bowl, mix the chilli, garlic, lemon juice, cinnamon, turmeric, sultanas and half the olive oil. Stir in the chicken, cover with cling film and leave to marinate for 1 hour.
2. Using a perforated spoon, remove the chicken pieces from the marinade.
3. Heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan over high heat. Add the chicken and fry for 5-8 minutes, stirring, until golden on all sides and cooked through.
4. Stir in the remaining marinade and quickly bring to the boil.
5. Remove the pan from the heat. Sprinkle the chicken with chopped coriander and toasted chopped almonds.
6. To serve, season the lettuce and rocket with a little salt and pepper, Slice open the warm pitta bread along one edge to form a pocket. Stuff in some of the salad leaves, then fill to the brim with the chicken mixture. Serve with lemon wedges.
Rate This Recipe