- Serves: 3-4
- Cook Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 chicken, weighing about 1.4kg
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large buffalo tomato, sliced into 8 segments
- 1 large onion, sliced horizontally
- 2 tsp chopped oregano
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- freshly ground salt and black pepper
- cumin potatoes, to serve
For the village salad:
- large bunch of coriander, trimmed and chopped
- large bunch of flat leaf parsley, trimmed and chopped
- large handful of Greek rocket
- 6 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- sea salt
- splash of extra virgin olive oil
- squeeze of lemon juice
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
2. Place the chicken in a roasting pan. Rub with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil.
3. Arrange the tomato segments on the breast and legs. Split the onion rings and place all around the chicken
4. Sprinkle with the oregano and cinnamon, and salt and pepper.
5. Drizzle the remaining olive oil over the chicken. Roast for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until the juices from the thickest part of the thigh run clear when pierced.
6. Transfer to a warm serving dish and leave to rest for 10 minutes in a warm place.
7. To make the salad, combine the coriander, parsley, rocket and tomatoes in a serving bowl. Sprinkle with salt and just enough oil to coat the leaves. Toss briefly, then add a squeeze of lemon juice and toss again.
8. Serve the chicken with the salad and Cumin Potatoes.
Rate This Recipe