- Serves: 2-3
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 40 minutes plus freezing time
- Effort: easy
- 100 g dairy-free dark chocolate, about 70 per cent cocoa solids
- 1 tbsp chopped walnuts
- 50 g chopped dates
- 200 ml coconut cream
- 1 tbsp Cointreau, or orange liqueur
- 2 tbsp agave or maple syrup
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- soya cream
- maple syrup
- powdered cinnamon
Tips and Suggestions
if the ice cream has been frozen for longer than 24 hours, remove it from the freezer 15 minutes before you want to serve it.
1. Break the chocolate into pieces, then put 75g of it in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and heat until melted.
2. Chop the remaining chocolate into chip-sized pieces, mix with the walnuts and dates. Stir in the melted chocolate and set aside.
3. Put all the remaining ingredients in a bowl and use a hand-held mixer to blend until quite smooth. Fold in the chocolate mixture.
4. Transfer the mixture to a lidded container and put in the freezer for an hour. Remove from the freezer and break up the mixture with a fork to reduce the ice crystals. Repeat this freezing and beating process every hour for the next four hours.
5. Serve with drizzles of soya cream, maple syrup, a sprinkle of cinnamon and some fruit of your choice.
Rate This Recipe