- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 225 g damsons, halved and stoned
- 25 g caster sugar
- stem ginger syrup, to taste
- 275 ml white wine
- 1 tbsp brandy
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- 600 ml double cream
- 4 pieces of preserved stem ginger, sliced finely
- 55 g amaretti biscuits
- crystallised rose petals
1. Put the damsons and caster sugar in a saucepan and heat gently until the juices run. Add the ginger syrup to taste and allow to cool.
2. Mix the white wine with the brandy and add in the icing sugar, stirring until dissolved.
3. In a mixing bowl, half whip the double cream.
4. Add the stem ginger to the cream and then gradually whip the brandy and wine mixture into this. Whip gently all the time until it the mixture is light and fluffy.
5. Spoon a little of the damsons in the bottom of four wine glasses, and top with a little syllabub. Continue layering the damsons and syllabub until used up.
6. Decorate with amaretti biscuits and crystallised rose petals and serve.
Rate This Recipe