- Serves: 12
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus freezing
- Effort: medium
- 700 g damsons
- 300 g caster sugar
- 125 g eggs, (about 2)
- 150 g egg yolks, (about 8)
- 4 g gelatine, leaves (about 2 sheets)
- 180 g butter, cubed
- 100 g dark chocolate, 80% cocoa solids
- 50 g dark chocolate, 60% cocoa solids
- 50 g milk chocolate
- 100 ml clarified butter
1. Put the damsons in a large saucepan with 1 tablespoon of water and simmer for about 10 minutes until pulpy. Press the pulp through a sieve into a bowl to remove the seeds. Set aside.
2. Tip the sugar, eggs and egg yolks into a large bowl and whisk until smooth. Soak the gelatine leaves in water.
3. Re-heat the damson puree and gently pour it into the egg mixture, whisking constantly until the mixture thickens slightly. Add the soaked gelatine and butter, whisking all the time until everything has melted.
4. Pour the mixture into a deep plastic container and put it into the freezer.
5. Meanwhile, melt all the chocolate and clarified butter together over a bowl of gently simmering water. Mix well and keep at room temperature.
6. Once the damson mixture is frozen, use a melon baller to cut out small balls (cut them into small squares if you prefer). Pop a lolly stick into each one, arrange them all on a tray and put them back into the freezer to set again for 20 minutes.
7. Dip each lollipop one by one into the chocolate and rest on a very cold baking tray. Put them back into the freezer to set and serve ice cold.
Rate This Recipe