- Serves: 10
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 24 hrs freezing
- Effort: medium
- 9 eggs
- 150 g caster sugar
- 850 ml double cream
- 115 g damsons, poached in a sugar syrup, halved, stoned and chopped
- armagnac, to taste
1. Beat the eggs together in a mixing bowl.
2. Place the caster sugar in a saucepan and pour in 200ml water. Using a sugar thermometer bring to the boil and heat until the syrup reaches 112-116C. Set aside until the bubbles disappear.
3. Pour the thickened syrup onto the beaten eggs, whisking as you do so.
4. Lightly whip the double cream until soft peaks form. Fold the chopped damsons into the whipped cream.
5. Fold together the damson mixture and egg mixture. Stir in Armagnac to taste.
6. Transfer the parfait into a cling film-lined freezer-proof container. Freeze for 24 hours.
7. Using a hot sharp knife slice the parfait and serve.
Rate This Recipe