- Serves: makes 12
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus 40 mins proving
- Effort: medium
For the dough
- 300 g strong bread flour
- 1/2 tsp fast acting/easy-bake yeast
- 1/2 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 200 ml tepid water
For the topping
- 4 tbsp passata
- 100 g ham or Parma ham, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 125 g grated mozzarella
1. For the dough: mix all the ingredients into a mixer or food processor. Once you have a lump of dough, start using your hands.
2. Turn out the dough onto a well-floured work surface and begin kneading. Using the heal of your hands, pull the dough towards you before pushing back into the main mound of the mixture. Alternate hands and before long you will have a lovely soothing rhythm going that will be doing no end of good to the muscle tone in your upper arms.
3. After 5 minutes, put the dough into a clean mixing bowl and leave in a warm place to rise for 40 minutes. After that time, it should have nearly doubled in size.
4. Take the dough out of the bowl and knead again for a minute or so before pulling the dough into a rectangular shape, roughly 40cm x 25cm.
5. Pre-heat the oven to 180C/gas 4.
6. For the topping: spoon the passata over the pizza dough and spread evenly. Sprinkle with the ham, dried oregano, mozzarella and seasoning.
7. Turn the pizza so that the longest side of the rectangle is in front of you. Very gingerly, start rolling the pizza up, just like a Swiss roll. Cut into 12 pieces, about 1cm thick, and carefully put on a baking sheet, lined with baking parchment, cut side up.
8. Bake for 25 minutes.
Rate This Recipe