- Serves: 4
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus marinating overnight (optional)
- Effort: easy
- 3 racks pork spare ribs, each about 1kg
For the glaze
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp tabasco
- 4 cm ginger, peeled and very finely chopped
- 12 tbsp maple syrup
- 7 tbsp clear honey
- 3 tbsp balsamic glaze
- 2 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tbsp bourbon or whiskey
1. Mix all the glaze ingredients together. If you have time, pour two-thirds of the liquid over the ribs, rubbing it in well, and leave them to marinate overnight. If not, preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4.
2. Line two or three big roasting tins with foil and paint the ribs on both sides with the glaze, keeping back about a third to add during cooking.
3. Arrange the racks meat-side up in the tins, making sure they dont touch. Roast for 30 minutes then reduce the heat to 140C/Gas 1 and cook the ribs for another 1 ½ hours, basting with glaze from time to time.
4. Add the last bit of glaze 20 minutes before the end of the cooking time. Cut into individual ribs and serve.
Rate This Recipe