- Serves: 8-10
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 45 minutes plus 2-3 hrs resting time for pastry
- Effort: easy
- 150 g sugar
- 250 g butter, cubed
- 500 g flour
- 2 eggs
- 6 tbsp water
- 1 egg yolks, for sealing the pastry
For the chocolate mix
- 300 g milk
- 100 g double cream
- 2 eggs
- 400 g chocolate
- 4 white peaches, blanched, peeled and diced
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
1. To make the pastry, work the sugar and butter together, fold in the flour, then the eggs and water, taking care not to work the pastry too much as this will increase the chance of shrinking. Wrap in cling film and allow to rest, for 2 -3 hours in the fridge.
2. Set the oven to 180°C/gas 4. Roll the pastry out to line 2 tarts tins, each with a diameter of 20cm. Bake them blind for 10 - 15 minutes and brush with egg yolk.
3. Pour the milk and double cream into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
4. Add the chocolate, and then mix in the eggs.
5. Turn the oven down to 140°/gas1. Cook for 25 minutes. Leave to cool.
6. Dust the peach quarters with caster sugar and glaze with a blowtorch.
7. Dust the tart with cocoa powder and serve in slices with the glazed peaches and a scoop of vanilla Ice cream.
Rate This Recipe