- Cook Time: 4 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 300 g dark chocolate
- 100 g liquid glucose
- 50 ml water, at room temperature
1. Chop the chocolate into evenly small pieces and place in a glass bowl.
2. Sit the bowl over a pan of very hot water making sure the bottom of the bowl is not touching the water and allow the chocolate to melt, stirring occasionally.
3. Meanwhile take the glucose syrup and warm gently in a small saucepan until very liquid.
4. Once the chocolate has melted remove from the heat and pour in the warmed glucose.
5. Add the water.
6. Mix well until smooth and a paste is formed.
7. Place into a polythene food bag, press flat and leave for 12 hours to cool and set.
8. Break off your required amount of paste and knead in the hands for 5 minutes until soft, smooth and pliable. Use to mould into Easter bonnets as desired.
Rate This Recipe