- Serves: 8
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 250 g butter
- 250 g dark chocolate
- 125 g caster sugar
- 5 eggs
- 5 egg yolks
- 200 g plain flour, sifted
- 2 tbsp dark cocoa powder, sifted
- vanilla ice cream, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6.
2. Melt together the butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl suspended over a pan of simmering water. Cool slightly.
3. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the sugar, eggs and yolks.
4. Fold the melted chocolate mixture into the egg mixture.
5. Fold in the flour.
6. Pipe the chocolate mixture into a double-buttered and cocoa-dusted dariole mould.
7. Bake for 5-6 minutes.
8. Turn out of mould and serve each portion with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Rate This Recipe