- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- crushed ice cubes
- 30 g dark chocolate, (70% cocoa solids), plus a piece to serve
- 25 ml double cream
- ice cubes
- 30 ml vodka
- 15 ml dry vermouth
1. Fill a martini glass with crushed ice to cool the glass.
2. Break the chocolate into squares in a bowl. Heat the cream to scorching point and pour over the chocolate. Stir until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth.
3. Put lots of ice cubes in a cocktail shaker, add the spirits and a double measure of the chocolate sauce (use the rest in a second helping). Put the lid on and shake, shake, shake for 15 seconds.
4. Discard the crushed ice from the glass and strain in the chocolate Martini. Drop in a small piece of chocolate and serve while still ice cold.
Variation: for an even sexier drink add a dash of Grand Marnier or Cointreau liqueur and carefully hold a lighter to a strip of orange peel and allow the burnt oils to fall onto the surface of the cocktail.
Rate This Recipe