- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Effort: medium
For the loaf
- 225 g self-raising flour
- 100 g butter, diced
- 75 g caster sugar
- 125 g dates, without stones, chopped
- 2 bananas
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp clear honey
For the almond and lavender milk
- 225 g ground almonds
- 1.2 litres milk
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 50 g lavender flowers
1. Preheat the oven to 160C/gas 2. Grease a 900g loaf tin and line with baking parchment.
2. Sieve the flour into a mixing bowl. Rub in the butter, until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
3. Add the sugar, dates, bananas, eggs, cinnamon and honey and stir until the mixture is smooth and has a dropping consistency.
4. Spoon into the prepared tin and cook for about 1 hour, until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
5. Meanwhile, place all the ingredients for the lavender milk into a saucepan and bring to a gently simmer.
6. Turn off the heat and leave to cool slightly.
7. Slice the banana loaf and serve warm with the warm almond and lavender milk.
Rate This Recipe