- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 500 g dates, chopped
- 250 g butter
- 160 g golden caster sugar
- 2 packets of Duchy Originals gingernut biscuits, crushed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 250 g desiccated coconut
Tips and Suggestions
The Date Goodies will keep for about 1 week in an airtight tin.
1. Put the butter, dates and sugar into a saucepan and bring up to the boil.
2. Remove from the heat, leave the mixture to cool a little and then stir in the eggs, vanilla and crushed biscuits.
3. Sprinkle half of the desiccated coconut over the bottom of a shallow tin and press the mixture into the tin, sprinkling the remaining coconut over the top of the mix.
4. Cool and cut into small squares. Roll the squares in the remaining coconut and store in an airtight tin until needed.
Rate This Recipe