- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 2 hrs marinating
- Effort: easy
- 8 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- black pepper
- 8 fresh anchovies, butterflied
- 500 g dogfish fillet, cut into large squares
- flour, for coating
- oil, for deep-frying
1. In a large bowl, mix together the vinegar, oregano, garlic and cumin and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
2. Add the anchovies and dogfish, coating thoroughly in the vinegar mixture, cover and marinate in the fridge for 2 hours.
3. Using kitchen paper, lightly pat dry the anchovies and the dogfish and coat them in flour.
4. Heat the oil for deep-frying in a wok or deep fat-fryer. Fry the anchovies and dogfish in batches, if necessary, until the fish turn pale gold.
5. Remove with a slotted spoon, drain on kitchen paper and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe